Thursday, August 25, 2011

first grader



Yesterday was back to school for Rhiannon. She had a great day, and came home happy. She missed going to school, and she is happy to be back in. And a bonus, at her 6 year check up after school, she did not need any shots! Yay! Kaitlyn was not as lucky, but I found the secret. She got two shots to her bum, then I quickly picked her up, stuck a sucker in her mouth, and all better. Shots were completely forgotten. Must remember that one. It is also time to finally move her out of her baby car seat, she is officially to big now. A combination of I don't want my baby to grow up, and it's so much easier to let her fall asleep in the car and carry the seat in so she STAYS sleeping, has lead me to not yet move her out of her baby seat. Safety says it is time. No matter what I do, she keeps getting bigger! Last night was also Mikey's meet the teacher night. Those programs both make me excited about what my kids get to do at school all day, and completely drain me. I am no social butterfly. It doesn't help that I am quite use to and comfortable with spending every day with my kids, not at work or some where that would force me in to daily social situations. Rhiannon and I are polar opposites in that way, and I am glad. Rhiannon IS miss social. This is a good thing.



No comments: