Saturday, June 25, 2011

another school year done

Rhiannon's kindergarten days are over. Wah. Next year she will be in first grade, all day, 5 days a week, away from us. The separate life away from Mom begins. "What did you do at school today?" "nothing." Maybe I'll volunteer and sit in the back of the class all day, every day, to watch her. Ok not really. She is now going to be one of the "big kids".






Bye bye Central school



Bye bye Mrs Sotelo





Mikey is edging closer to that too. He is done with year one of preschool. This year he only went 2 days a week, next year it will be 3. So he will be gone a little more too. I have yet to experience the "the kids are at school, I'm alone!" thing, I always have a baby with me. What will it be like after 8 years (by then) of always having a baby on my hip, or pulling on my leg, when Kaitlyn goes off and leaves me to go to school? Ah! I don't want to think about it.






The above picture was just about how Mikey looked the whole performance. Funny kid. As his teacher says, "he wears his feelings on his sleeve." He had no nap that day, and needed one. He had on his "sad smile", but he sang every word. The cutest thing ever was when they sang "there's a fountain flowing mm and mm" (deep and wide). I don't know, 3 year olds saying mm is just cute. Miss Kristy had to open her card before Mikey would go home.





This summer will be spent at the fair, and in the pool. My 3 little fishies.

No comments: