Sunday, May 22, 2011

Legoland, a mega photo bomb

We scored $12 tickets to LegoLand, yay! I have been wanting to take the kids, but the cost is a bit crazy. $12 we can do. They even let us upgrade our $12 tics for park hoppers for $10, so we got LegoLand and aquarium x2 for $22 each. We spent two Saturdays in a row, fun stuff. We manages to talk Matt into taking a Saturday off, well most of the day anyway. Mikey needed Dad to help him brave Bob the Builder. He was just made of Lego's, the costumes my kids would go no where near. We searched out all the "big kid rides" while we had Dad to ride with. Mikey the brave, I have been on one of those slides with him, they are no joke, but I am kind of a wimp. What happened to my days of riding Goliath roller coasters and Zipper ferriswheels? I do not know. I have grown wimpy. We saw the Star Wars set ups, and even ran into Colin! Small world I guess. We ate lunch with Colin and Aunt Colleen, and they showed us to the Star Wars area. Then to more rides. Matt took Kaitlyn home so he could get a little work done, the dude never takes a day off. We stayed until they kicked us out, and I got a turn to ride some rides. Note to self, do not give the kids yogurt smoothies on a hot day, then get on a roller coaster. Poor Mikey. After that we stuck to the easy rides and play areas. Mikey says "all aboard!"Aaand day two. The second time was just me and the kids. We did rides baby could go on, checked out more play areas, and the aquarium. They built their cars and raced them down the track. And more rides. Rhiannon said "are you scared? are you scared of the dark cave?" She perches on the toes of just one foot as she trys to climb higher. I don't think it will be long before I am pulling her off of the low play tables at home. She loves to climb. Kickin' back, eating some lunch






Then Mikey and Rhiannon dig for dinno bones. While Kate would not unplaster her self from my legs. The bags under her eyes probably give you a clue why. Nap time. While Kaitlyn slept wrapped to Mom, we headed to the aquarium. Some very cool stuff in there. When she woke up we were in a room surrounded in on all sides with swimming fish. That must have been very surreal. She sleepily opened her eyes, then poped her head up and her eyes fully open, pointing and grunting at the fish. One more ride for the road. Check out thoses curls!Then do you think we went home after that? Nope, we stoped by the beach for some BBQ, birthday cake, and very nice sun set. And we got to see Katie. Check out that horse, I mean dog. He has got to be the most melow dog ever. Mikey ate 4 peices of watermelon, that I saw. He loves his watermellon.



And that is the end of my novel in pictures. We will for sure be back to LegoLand, but maybe when the kids are a little taller, so they can ride more while I watch. :)

No comments: